Friday, August 3, 2012

One Month Paragard Check-Up

Everything was fine!

My doctor asked me some questions about how I was feeling and how the last month has been. I gave an abbreviated version of this blog, saying how it was all much better/easier than I had been expecting. Then she had me get in the stirrups and she examined my uterus by checking for the strings, looking/feeling around up there, and pressing on my abdomen. She didn't do an ultrasound, which surprised me, but she said everything looked great. She also said it was unlikely now that I'd gone through my first period that it was fall out of place. She offered to prescribe me some stronger pain meds for my period cramps, but the Advil seems to be working fine, so I declined.

Barring any intense pain, expulsion or some other emergency, I won't have to see her until next year at my check-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment