Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More on how it's going...

Everything's pretty good. 98% of the time, I don't feel anything at all - no pain or cramping or discomfort or anything. Some days when I do feel a twang of pain, I just take one Advil and everything's fine after that. I think that within the next month, I won't notice anything at all. I think my uterus is getting really used to having the Paragard in there.

One thing I noticed: the other night, when my husband and I were having sex, some of the positions caused more pain than others. Me on bottom or on top in generic, "vanilla" positions were all fine and I didn't feel a thing. But in some positions that get him deeper (from behind, for example), it hurt. I think it was just that my cervix was getting slammed and the IUD is behind it, so it was getting hit, too. Nothing seems out of place and my husband didn't feel anything weird, so I don't think anything's wrong, I just think my IUD didn't like being hit over and over again. The pain didn't last after we were done, and I didn't bleed or anything. I'm sure it's all still a little inflamed in there. I'm guessing that like most of the other symptoms surrounding insertion, this will go away over time, but it's something to keep in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment